smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Friday, November 18, 2022

Lentil Roast

 With the weekly shopping bill going up every week, it was lovely to be given a new economical recipe. And we both of us really liked it. This is remarkable because my husband is not the biggest fan of pulses. I don't know where the original recipe came from so I can't give credit where it is due because my friend gave it to me and she was given it by another friend who was given it by another friend etc etc. So I am sharing it with you. It is obviously an older recipe because it is in ounces but I am happy working in ounces : )

Lentil Roast

6 oz red lentils

2 onions finely chopped

2 tbsps oil

1 large tsp yeast extract

6 oz grated cheese

1/2 tsp mixed herbs

1/2 tsp celery salt

2 eggs, beaten

salt and pepper if liked


Cook lentils in just enough water to be absorbed for about 15 minutes.  Fry onion until soft. Add yeast extract and stir in well. Add the other ingredients, leaving eggs until last. stir well. Bake in a greased loaf tin for 40-50 minutes at 180/ 160 fan/ gas 4. If preferred this can be cooked 'flat' in a swiss roll or roasting tin which means it will take less time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home