smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Books and soup

I've been making soup for our church coffee shop again today. I got leeks on offer in Aldi so today I made leek and potato soup. Three gallons of it. I was glad to sit down afterwards!

I've been sorting through another pile of our belongings so there is quite a pile waiting To Go. I've also put a number of things in the bin as they were not in good enough condition to pass on. I haven't made it to the charity shop yet but I'm hoping to get there soon because I'm tired of tripping over a growing mountain of carrier bags.

I'm recently joined Bookbub. They send a daily email of Kindle and Kobo e-books which are either cheap or, more interestingly, free. I've "bought" several of the free books and have finally read a couple of books on my tablet. I reckoned that if I decide that I don't like them, then I haven't wasted anything because the books were free in the first place. I don't think they will ever replace the comfortable feeling of reading a proper book, though.

I've been having trouble with the wires to charge my tablet. My husband sat down on my tablet by accident and bent the wire that came with the tablet - just at the connection into the tablet - so that stopped working. I bought a new one from Amazon and within a month, that stopped working as the connection was so loose that it would not stay connected. So I bought a much more expensive one and that has stopped working this weekend... That one came with a lifetime guarantee so I am waiting for them to get back to me on that one. Fortunately I bought a pair of wires last time so I can still charge my tablet or else I would have to wait a long time to find out whodunnit in my Bookbub bargain : )

38 items gone

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    That is a lot of soup! I am now going to check out Bookbub as I need some books to read to get me off the iPad xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home