smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Well, another week gone by. Sometimes they really seem to whizz by so fast and at the end you wonder what you actually achieved because the time disappeared before you could use it.

Anyway, I was given some bean and courgette plants this week so that will fill in the gaps for all the ones eaten by the slugs. And there is a promise of some strawberry plants and autumn raspberry canes and a rhubarb crown for my son. Hopefully there will be enough for us all to have some.

The offer my son has put on a house has been accepted, so that is exciting. The house has a lovely garden with a little greenhouse, so he will be able to grow a few things. He likes his veg.

My other exciting news is that some of my new hens have started laying. Just little baby eggs but it is a promise of things to come. The eggs laid by the two Hebden Blacks are speckled with a lovely dark brown colour and those laid by the Warrens are an even mid-brown. Pretty!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    I've just come in from tending my garden and randomly read your post. Gardening is therapy for me. You sound like you enjoy yours too. I'm going to be moving to a totally different climate in a few months and am not sure if I will enjoy gardening there or not. Good luck to you with your garden, the rhubarb especially--I do love a good rhubarb pie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home